Thursday, December 20, 2007

play!

1) It was hard to create an entire story based off of a few sets and pure dialogue. It was very cool being able to explore the different opportunities availed within this form. I didn't find pleasant surprises in writing a play. I didn't find any surprises what so ever. It really isn't THAT hard to write a play, and I knew what I was getting into from the get-go. I think screen-plays would be really cool to indulge in. It is way more modern and able to emotionally grasp viewers through every word.

2) I don't really know what story I'd want to relate with my personal life. There are alot of stories that I have stunningly found a big relation with my life but in truth's sense I feel that my life is like stories that have been written, but in a completely new style. I have written my life thus far, and I feel it is a completely unique lifestyle and I find pride within being unique.

3) If I was giving advice to a 10 year old I would say: "hey dude, as your going into the best years of your life, really sit down and think about how you want to live them. It's so easy to get caught up in all the highschool drama and mean competition; but is that really going to make you happy? Can you really find a fulfilling joy within all of that? My mom once sat me down at the kitchen counter with a boiling pot of water. She grabbed an egg, a carrot and some coffee grounds. She put them in the pot, and after 5 minutes she pulled out the carrot and the egg. She then told me that the pot of water was like Highschool, and there are different types of people. Ones like the egg who go into highschool and come out hardened from the experience. There are ones like the carrot who go into highschool hard and thinking they are the shit, but come out soft and molded by others. Then there are the coffee grounds who go into highschool and spread into their surroundings, influencing others along the journey. What type of person do you want to be?"

6 comments:

NAT said...

I really like boiling pot idea. Your mom is so cute..I can totally imagine her sitting you down( if that really did happen). I could also see you writing plays or stuff for a t.v. show..you should look into that! well anyways.. good job tcrunk. :)

NAT

Mr. Miles said...

Your mom had a great analogy! I bet you could write about that as part of a personal essay. Itr's sucha true analogy, too. Many adults of my generation and older still define themselves as who they were in high school--"I was the cheerleader, the football player," etc. (which is so stupid; people change SO much after high school). People can be really scarred from high school as well, always carrying wround hurts.

I liked what you had to say about the process of writing a play. I haven't read a lot of your writing yet (the one drawback of doing the notebook), but I have a feeling you would write plays or screenplays successfully. I'm glad you found something in it (though it would have been okay if you didn't).

Tom's Blog said...

That was a sweet analogy that your mom said dude, that was really interesting. But there was one problem...

NO SWEARING OMG!

tcarr said...

yeah, no. i really didn't find anything in writing a play. It was fun for about the first half a page trying to depict these characters through dialogue then it got so annoying and hard and boring trying to work off of pure dialogue. I could be a sexy actor one day though.

tcarr said...

just think about that...........tom carr the next tom cruise

Mr. Miles said...

:)